In situations where a patient has a record of vaccinations from a previous hospital, the steps below will ensure that an appropriate reminder is created, the vaccination is tracked in the patient record, and inventory counts remain unaffected.
Recording a Vaccine
1. From the Choose Action screen, or the Patient tab, click on the Reminders widget.
2. Click on the plus sign in the upper right corner of that window to create a new entry, and enter a historical vaccine in the Description field.
- Pro Tip: As an additional option, you may add the previous clinic's name in the Description field so that one can easily recognize if a vaccine was given at your hospital (pictured below).
3. Click the Delay dropdown, and select the duration for the next reminder. For example, if this was a Rabies Vaccine with a 1 yr reminder, select 1-year delay.
4. Click on the Start Date field, and type or select the date originally administered.
5. Click Ok when finished.
Repeat steps 2-5 for as many reminders as needed.
6. When you return to the main reminders page, your reminder will be displayed with the appropriate reminder date.
- Pro Tip: The vaccine history from another hospital can also be uploaded in the patient's Documents folder for later referencing when needed.