Hippo Manager tracks inventory in batches and uses the first in, first out method for dispensing those batches. In order to update the lot number and expiration date that appears on invoices, certificates, and reporting, you will need to perform a receiving entry.
To Update Lot Numbers and Expiration Dates
1. Click the Management tab and select the Receiving widget.
2. Type the product or medication in the Item field. Then enter the Quantity on hand, and click Add Item.
3. From the list below, click the pencil icon to edit the line item and enter the new lot numbers, serial numbers, and/or expiration date. When finished, click the checkmark to save.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 until all desired items have been added with the appropriate information.
5. Select the appropriate Supplier from the drop-down menu on the right side of the screen.
- Pro Tip: If this entry update happens to be for a batch you've already received, it's recommended to have a Supplier named "Inventory Adjustment" for use cases like this to help with identifying adjustments vs entries on the financial side of Hippo. If you need to create a new Supplier option, check out Management: Creating & Updating the Suppliers List
6. The Comments section is an optional field and can be a great spot for adding PO numbers, or payment methods used for future reference.
7. Click Complete Receiving, in the upper right corner of the screen to generate an internal receipt, and update your inventory.
8. See the section below for the final step to ensure this new lot is activated.
Setting Active Lots
1. Click the Administration tab and select the Items and Services widget.
2. Type the product or medication in the Item field. Within the list, click Update Quantity to the right of that line item.
3. Find the new receiving entry and change the toggle to active. The entry that's set to active will be what the system pulls from for invoicing, certificates, reporting, etc.
For assistance with updating inventory quantities, check out Management: Updating Inventory Quantities.