Hippo Manager tracks inventory in batches and uses the FIFO (first in, first out) method for dispensing with those batches. In order to update the lot number and expiration date that appears on invoices, certificates, etc. for items automatically, you will need to first receive a new batch of that item.
To Update Lot Numbers and Expiration Dates:
- Go to the Management tab and select the Receiving widget.
- Type in the item that needs to be updated in the Item field, enter the receiving Quantity, then click the Add Item button.
- The item populates in the receiving list, click the Pencil tool to edit and add the lot number, serial number, and expiration date. Click the blue Checkmark to save your changes or the X to discard the information entered.
- Repeat steps 2-3 for as many items as needed on this Receiving entry.
- Click on the dropdown arrow in the Supplier field to select the appropriate supplier.
- Quick Tip: If this is a new supplier, and it's not listed within the drop-down, you'll need to create that Supplier within the Suppliers widget before completing the receiving entry. The Suppliers widget can be found through the Management tab, and for additional assistance with creating and updating suppliers, check out the "Creating and Updating the Suppliers List" article.
- Additional notes can be added to the Comment box such as purchase order numbers, updating lot numbers, or backorder receipts to reference.
- Click Complete Receiving when satisfied with your selections.
Within the Items and Services widget, all stocking items have an Update Quantity button listed. This button should only be used for existing item quantity adjustments. All other Item updates should be handled through the Receiving widget.
Hippo also allows you to view past receiving entries, and this is found under the Management tab through the All Receivings widget. For additional assistance with viewing previous receiving entries, check out the "All Inventory Receiving" article.