Hippo Manager allows a practice to accept and apply payments to multiple invoices at one time through the Bulk Add Payments feature found in the Invoices tab.
Applying a Bulk Payment to Multi-Patient Invoices Tied to the Same Owner
1. Click the Checkout or Invoices tab, and select Bulk Add Payment in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Next, select the payment method, along with the order you wish for this payment to be applied.
3. Within the list of open invoices, this will include all other patients tied to that same owner. Click the toggle on the left side of all the open invoices you wish to have this payment be applied to.
4. Then, within the Add a Payment section, after you've added the payment type, and order, click Add Payment.
5. A slideout menu will then appear on the right side of your screen. Confirm the Amount Tendered is accurate, and adjust if needed. The Amount Due is a reflection of the total for the invoices selected on the previous screen. If you wish for this payment to reflect a different processing date, select the Backdate Transaction toggle, and the date from the calendar dropdown. When finished, click Add Payment.
The owner's receipt will automatically generate once the payment is collected. If this is a multi-patient visit using the Bulk Add Payment feature, the receipt will include both patients.
- Important Note: On the Invoices tab, if you select "Completed" from the Status dropdown, this will show you all receipts for that owner. Furthermore, if you click the Completed At header at the top of the list, the system will sort the field according to oldest/newest.
Applying a Bulk Payment to Multi-Patient Invoices tied to Different Owners
1. First, go to the Invoices tab, and click Bulk Add Payment in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Then, click the All Patients toggle on the upper left side of the screen, which will then display all open invoices system-wide in the table below. Then, within the Owner field, type the owner's first or last name, and you can also use the Patient Name field to narrow the list below.
3. Within that list, find the correct patient and click the toggle on the left side under the Bulk Selection column for all patient invoices you wish to include in this patient.
- Important Note: Notice in the picture below, the All Patient's toggle allows you to select invoices for multiple owners.
4. Next, within the Add a Payment section add the payment method and order in which you want this payment to affect the open invoices listed. Then click Add Payment.
- Important Note: A box will appear as an added precaution to let you know that you've selected patients linked to multiple owners. Click OK, and then Add Payment once more to proceed to the next step.
5. A slideout menu will then appear on the right side of your screen. Within the Amount Tendered field, input the amount the owner wishes to pay. The Amount Due is a reflection of the total for the invoices selected on the previous screen. If you wish for this payment to reflect a different processing date, select the Backdate Transaction toggle, and the date from the calendar dropdown. When finished, click Add Payment.
6. The system will then redirect you back to the Invoices screen. Double-check that the All Patients toggle is checked, the Owner Name field is clear and the Status field towards the top right says Completed. All completed invoices system-wide will then appear in the list below, and if you click on the words Completed At in the columns below, the system will sort by date so you can easily find the most recent and print those invoices for the owner(s).
For more information on applying a bulk payment on the Checkout tab, check out Checkout: Register Breakdown.
Hippo Manager also allows you to add items or services to multiple patients at once using the Bulk Add Item feature. For more information on how to use this feature, check out Invoices: Applying an Item or Service to Multiple Patient Invoices