Hippo offers a convenient way to provide owners with estimates for items and services during the appointment, or upon request! This article looks at how to not only create an estimate but how to convert that estimate to an invoice as well.
Creating a Client Estimate
1. Once the appropriate patient is displayed in the Patient Reserve, click the Checkout tab.
2. On the right side of the Sales Register screen, click the Estimate toggle so it's displayed in blue.
3. On the same Sales Register Screen, select the appropriate chart note and/or provider from the dropdowns as it applies. Then within the Item field, type the desired item, service, or kit along with the desired quantity. Then click Add Item to add the item to the estimate.
4. Once all items are added to the estimate if you wish to print or email a copy of this estimate to the owner, click Print Invoice. Click the email or print button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- If you don’t see an email option in the upper right corner, check that the owner has an email on file. For additional assistance with adding an owner’s email to the record, check out the Adding and Updating Owner Information article.
Locating Existing Estimates
1. Once the appropriate patient is displayed in the Patient Reserve, click the Invoices tab.
2. Within the Status dropdown, select Estimate from the dropdown menu. The list below will display all estimates created for patients tied to this owner.
Important Note: If the Set Active button is greyed out, this means that this estimate is active and accessible by clicking the Checkout tab or the Slideout Menu. If the patient has multiple estimates available in this list, the active estimate can be changed by clicking the blue Set Active button for that line, and this will change the active estimate in the Checkout tab and Slideout Menu.
3. Return to the Checkout tab, and de-select the Estimates toggle to convert this estimate to an active invoice. Note: If the Estimate includes medications or vaccinations, you'll be prompted to remove the medications and/or vaccines to re-enter so that they are tied to the record.
Converting a Client Estimate
1. Once the appropriate patient is displayed in the Patient Reserve. Follow the steps in Locating Existing Estimates section to ensure the desired estimate is active in the Checkout tab.
2. Click the Checkout tab. On the right side of the Sales Register screen, click the Estimate toggle once again to convert the estimate back to an invoice.
Important Note: If the estimate includes vaccines and/or medications, they will need to be removed from the invoice and re-entered through Vaccine widget for vaccine items, and the Medication widget for medication items. This is to ensure that the item is logged in the record accordingly and that the certificate or label is available to print.
For additional assistance with understanding the Sales Register, check out Checkout: Sales Register Breakdown