The Whiteboard is a helpful tool for tracking a patient’s visit to the hospital. Treatment sheets are an added resource within the Whiteboard that allows you to add items, services, or treatments to a list for completion. Once a treatment is completed, it will record notes on the chart note and the invoice automatically.
Important Note: To view patients on the Whiteboard, they must first be checked in. For more information, check out Scheduler: Patient Check-In.
Accessing Treatment Sheets
1. From the Choose Action, Scheduler, or Patient tab, select the Whiteboard icon, or quick link.
2. Within the list, click the patient’s name once to highlight it in green, then towards the bottom, click on the Treatment Sheets button in the lower right corner.
Creating a New Treatment
1. From the Treatment Sheet, click the (+) in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Fill out the following pieces according to treatment need:
Treatment Name: A non-invoice item or service
- Example: "Post-Op TPR" is an excellent use case for this section.
Items: Invoice Item or Service
Quantity: Desired Treatment Quantity
Assigned To: Select the employee team member or provider who will be completing this treatment
Due Date: The date the treatment is due
Time: Time the treatment is due
Chart To Add To: Corresponding chart note where all treatments are documented
Recurring Period: Available if the treatment needs to repeat
3. Click Ok when finished to save this treatment.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 for as many treatments as necessary, then click Ok to return back to the Whiteboard.
5. Within the main Whiteboard page, under the Count column for that patient, it will display total treatments as well as completed treatments.
- Example: 0/4 indicates that of the 4 added treatments, 0 have been completed.
Completing a Treatment
1. Follow the steps above to access the patient's treatment and click the treatment line you wish to complete once to highlight.
2. Then towards the bottom right corner of the screen, click the checkmark to complete.
3. A box will appear with a Note/Comment For Chart text field. Any notes added within this field will automatically be added to the chart note.
- Example: Temp: 101.4 / RR: 28 / Pulse: 65
4. Click Ok when finished, and the system will return to the main Treatment Sheet page where you can repeat steps 1-4 for all desired treatments in need of completion.
6. From the Whiteboard, the Count column will now reflect treatments completed
- Example: (3/4) indicates that of the 4 added treatments, 3 have been completed.
7. Within the corresponding Chart Note that's been assigned, the treatment notes/comments are listed with the date/time stamp along with the user who completed it. Also, if this is an invoiceable treatment, you will see that charge listed on the Checkout screen as well.
Rejecting a Treatment
1. Follow the steps above to access the Treatment Sheet for the desired patient. Once in that patient’s treatment sheet, click on the treatment line you wish to complete once to highlight.
2. Then towards the bottom right corner of the screen, click the Reject symbol to complete.
3. A box will appear with a drop-down so you can choose a reason for rejection. This reasoning will also be added to the chart note automatically.
4. Click Accept when finished, and the system will return to the main Treatment Sheet page.
5. To reject another treatment, complete steps 1-4 until all desired treatments.
6. Then click Cancel to return back to the Whiteboard.
7. Within the Whiteboard, for that patient, you will now see a number within the Count section towards the right side of the screen reflecting 1 less since that treatment was rejected.
- Example: If the original count said 2/4 and you reject 1 treatment, it will now say 2/3.
8. If you go to the corresponding Chart Note, you will see the treatment notes listed with the date/time stamp along with the user.
The declined treatment will also appear on the owner-facing copy of the sales receipt after the appointment.
If you don’t see a whiteboard widget on your Choose Action screen, check out Choose Action- Using Choose Action Settings to Optimize Workflow
If you don’t see a whiteboard widget on your Scheduler, check out Scheduler - Using and Customizing Quick Links to Optimize Workflow
If you don’t see a whiteboard widget on your Patient Screen, check out Patient Screen- Using and Customizing Quick Links to Optimize Workflow