Is the Inventory Item Set Up Properly?
1. First, go to the Administration tab, and select the Items and Services widget.
2. Using the Item Name field, type the item name that you use for your spay or neuter invoice charge. This will then narrow the list below. If you don’t have this item created yet, check out the Creating and Editing Inventory Codes article for additional assistance.
3. Once you find that item within the list below, click Edit, and this will then take you to the Edit an Item or Service page.
4. Within the Item Behavior section, make sure that the Reproductive toggle is clicked (blue).
- It’s also helpful to have the Require Provider toggle clicked (blue) as an added precaution on the invoice screen to ensure that this item is not added without the veterinarian's name.
5. Then scroll to the bottom of this screen, and click Save Item in the lower-left corner of the screen to save any changes.
How Do I Generate A Spay or Neuter Certificate
1. Once this item is added to the Sales Register, it will then be available within the Desex Certificate widget on the Choose Action Screen.
2. Once you click on this widget, your spay or neuter certificate will be available to print for the owner as needed.
3. The system will also automatically change the patient’s gender status within the patient’s record. For example, if a male dog comes into the practice for a neuter procedure, the system will update the gender to reflect Neutered Male after the procedure has been added to the Invoice.
If you don’t see the Desex Certificate widget visible on your Choose Action Screen, click on the Hippo icon in the lower-left corner of your screen next to Logged In As. Then select Choose Action Settings. You will then see a window appear with two columns. Click and drag the Desex Certificate box from the Hidden column to the Displayed Column, and then click Ok. Return to your Choose Action Screen, and this widget should now be available.