Checking the Inventory Item
1. First, click the Administration tab, and select the Items and Services widget.
2. Using the Item Name field, find the spay or neuter procedure and then click Edit.
If you don’t have this item created yet, check out Administration: Creating and Editing Inventory Codes for additional assistance.
3. Within the Item Behavior section, select the Reproductive toggle is checked (blue).
- Pro Tip: It’s also helpful to have the Require Provider toggle clicked (blue) as an added precaution on the invoice screen to ensure that this item is not added without the veterinarian's name.
4. Scroll to the bottom of this screen, and click Save Item in the lower-left corner of the screen to save any changes.
Generating A Spay or Neuter Certificate
1. Click the Checkout tab and select the Chart Note, Provider, type the procedure into the Item field and click Add Item.
2. Click the Choose Action screen, and select the Desex Certificate widget. If you don't see this widget on the screen, check out Choose Action: Using Choose Action Settings to Optimize Workflow for assistance with altering the visible widgets.
3. Your spay or neuter certificate will be available to print for the owner as needed.
4. The system will also automatically change the patient’s gender status within the Patient Reserve. For example, if a male dog comes into the practice for a neuter procedure, the system will update the gender to "Neutered" after the procedure has been added to the Invoice.