Deleting and Recovering Patient Records
A patient may need to be deactivated for a number of reasons, such as the owner has moved, the patient has changed ownership, or the patient is simply no longer being treated at the location. Within Hippo, no matter the reason, you can hide accounts that are no longer active, and the good news is that they can always be recovered if circumstances change!
Deleting a Patient Account
Important Note: This functionality will never actually delete or compromise any records, it’s simply hiding the patient from daily search fields.
1. Be sure that the patient you wish to deactivate is not listed in the Patient Reserve. Then click the Management tab, and select the Delete Patients widget.
2. In the text field, type the patient’s name, and select the matching information from the list below.
3. For added confirmation, type the patient’s name in the Confirm Patient Name section in the lower-left corner of your screen, then click Apply.
4. Now, when searching for that owner and patient in the Smart Search, they will no longer be visible within the search list for day-to-day.
Recovering a Deleted Patient Account
1. Click the Management tab, and select the Undelete Patients widget.
2. Within the Text field, type the patient’s name and select the matching information from the list below. 3. Click Apply in the lower-left corner of the screen to save changes.
4. Now, when searching for that owner and patient in the Smart Search, they will be visible within the search list for day-to-day.
For assistance with the Owner/Patient Smart Search, check out Choose Action: Owner/Patient Search