When adding an item or service to a patient's invoice, you should select the provider before it's submitted to the invoice. If changes need to be made to existing items on the invoice, you can also alter the assigned provider for each item as needed.
Assigning a Provider at Checkout
1. Once on the desired patient's record, click the Checkout tab, to start or modify the invoice.
2. In the section at the top of the screen, select the corresponding chart note, assign the provider from within the provider drop-down, and type the desired item or service into the Item field. Select the item or service from the drop-down menu, and modify the quantity field if greater than 1. Then click Add Item.
Editing an Assigned Provider at Checkout
1. Once on the desired patient's record, click the Checkout tab, to modify the invoice.
2. Find the item or service you wish to modify, and click the Edit/Pencil. Select the appropriate provider from the drop-down, and then click the Checkmark/Save when finished.
- For Medication items, if the Provider is changed on the checkout screen, it will need to be manually updated in the Medication widget
For more information about provider production, check out Reports: Provider Production