Hippo Manager allows you to apply discounts to both individual line items as well as invoice totals.
Discounting an Invoice Item
1. Once the invoice is created through the Checkout tab, next to the item you wish to discount, click the edit pencil.
2. In the Discount field, type the desired percentage and then click the checkmark to save changes.
3. The line item will now adjust the price of the item based on that discount applied.
Creating a Discount Item Code
1. Click the Administration tab, and then select Items and Services.
2. Click Create New Item in the upper right corner of the screen and complete the following sections:
- Item Definition
- Name: Type desired name of the discount code (Example, Friends and Family Discount)
- UPC: Skip
- Type: Select Discount Code from the dropdown menu.
- Location: Select the location(s) you wish for this discount item to be available in.
- Account: Skip (optional field)
- Category: Secondary Item Identifier (Useful for Reporting) To customize, check out the Creating Custom Categories article.
- Description Box and Allow Alt Description allow for additional notes to appear on the invoice. (Skip if not applicable)
- Item Behavior- Skip
- Item Pricing- Skip
- Reminders- Skip
- Inventory Control- Skip
- Miscellaneous- Skip
3. Towards the lower left corner of the Item Setup screen, click Save Item when finished.
Using a Discount Code on an Invoice
1. Find the open invoice through the Checkout tab.
2. After you've generated all desired items on the invoice, add the Discount Code in the Item field and click Add Item.
3. Within that newly added line, click the pencil/edit. In the Price field, type the discount dollar amount.
Example Scenario: If the invoice total is $159.77, and you’re giving the owner a 20% discount off the total, the amount added to the Price field should be $31.95. Then click the checkmark to the right of the line item to save changes.