Item Kits are a useful way to bundle multiple items and/or services together, so when the Kit is used, all items and services that are part of that KIT will be generated on the estimate or invoice all at once.
Item Kits that include vaccines are a valuable tool for generating estimates, as they allow you to efficiently quote without the risk of missed charges. For additional information on creating or using estimates, check out Checkout: Creating and Converting Estimates
Using Item Kits with Vaccines:
Scenario 1: Vaccine Widget:
1. Through the Choose Action screen, click the Vaccine widget.
2. Click Add Vaccination in the upper right corner to add a new vaccine record.
3. Type the Kit name into the Vaccine field, and fill in the other pieces of information as it should appear on the vaccine certificate.
4. When finished, click Save Item. The list of vaccines within the kit are now listed with printable certificates.
- Important Note: For Rabies Vaccines, click Edit and add the Tag Number into the Serial Number section and any additional changes. Then click Update Vaccination.
5. To generate the certificate, click Print next to the desired vaccine line.
Scenario 2: At Checkout:
1. When adding a vaccine or an Item kit that includes a vaccine, the system will redirect to the Vaccine widget for entry. (See scenario 1).
- Important Note: If converting an estimate that includes vaccines, they will need to be removed from the invoice and re-entered through the Vaccine widget. This is to ensure that the item is logged in the record accordingly and that the certificate is available to print.
For assistance with creating Item Kits, check out Administration: Creating and Editing Item Kits