Item Kits are a useful way to bundle multiple items and/or services together, so when the Kit is used, all items and services that are part of that KIT will be generated on the invoice all at once.
Creating an Item Kit that Includes Vaccine items:
- Go to the Administration tab, and click on the Items and Services widget.
- Click Create New Item in the top right corner.
- Type the desired Kit Name in the Name field.
- Under Type, select Item Kit from the dropdown.
- Under Item Behavior, click the Vaccine toggle. This MUST be done in order for the Kit to be used in the Vaccine widget.
- Scroll to the bottom of this window, to the section labeled Item Kit. This is where you will start adding the Items and Services you wish to include within the Kit
- Type the item or service name in the ITEM field, and select it from the dropdown. Then, enter the desired Quantity. If you don't find that Item or Service listed among your inventory, check out the "Creating & Editing Items & Services" article.
- Click the Blue Check Mark when finished to save your work. That checkmark will then turn into a plus sign. If you click the plus sign it will allow you to add a new item and repeat steps 6 & 7 as many times as needed.
- Once you’ve built out your Kit with all desired items and/ or services included, click Save Item in the bottom left corner of the window to save your work.
How to Locate and Edit Item Kits in Hippo Manager:
- Go to the Administration tab, and click the Items and Services widget.
- Type the existing kit name into the Item Name field to narrow your search. Alternatively, select Item Kits from within the Item Type dropdown menu, to display all the Kits within the system.
- Find the kit you wish to alter and select Edit. This will take you to the Edit an Item or Service page, where you can scroll to the bottom of the screen, and find the kit details.
- See steps 7 & 8 in the section above to add/adjust items within that Kit. Then, click Save Item to update this Kit.
How to Use Item Kits that Include Vaccines:
Scenario 1: In the Vaccine Widget:
- Through the Choose Action screen or Quicklinks, click the Vaccine widget.
- Click Add Vaccination in the upper right corner to add a new vaccine record.
- Type the Kit name into the Vaccine field, and fill in the other pieces of information as it should appear on the vaccine certificate.
- When finished, click Save Item.
- You may have to edit certain line items if the Kit includes a rabies vaccine, for example, that needs a tag number applied. To do this, click the Edit button next to the line you wish to edit, and when finished, click Save Item once again.
- From the main Vaccination Management screen, click Print next to each line to produce a vaccine certificate.
Scenario 2: From Chart Templates:
- An Item Kit can be attached to a custom Chart Template, and for assistance with creating chart templates, check out the "Creating and Editing Chart Templates" article.
- Once created, simply click in the chart text field and then select the Chart Template from the right-hand menu in the Chart Note. Selecting the Chart Template will notate the items/services rendered and add all Items simultaneously to the invoice, the vaccine widget, and also the patient’s reminder widget.
Scenario 3: At Checkout:
- When adding a vaccine or an Item kit that includes a vaccine, the system will redirect to the Vaccine Management page for an entry. See scenario 1.
Item Kits can be especially useful to generate an estimate for a service or procedure that requires several line items to be added at once - saving you time and alleviating the risk of missed charges.
You can also use Items Kits to combine vaccines and various reminders to maintain more accurate inventory counts while still allowing for multiple reminder durations for different use cases. For assistance with adding vaccines in a series, check out the "Setting Vaccines up in a Series" article.