Item Kits are a useful way to bundle multiple items and/or services together, so when the Kit is used, all items and services that are part of that KIT will be generated on the estimate or invoice all at once.
Item Kits that include medications are a valuable tool for generating estimates, as they allow you to efficiently quote without the risk of missed charges. For additional information on creating or using estimates, check out Checkout: Creating and Converting Estimates
Important Note: Depending on your workflow, you may find it more efficient to invoice medications individually rather than through an Item Kit. If you prefer to incorporate medications into item kits, please note that all medications will need to be removed from the invoice and re-entered through the Medication widget. This is to ensure that the item is logged in the record accordingly and that the label is available to print.
Using Item Kits with Medications:
1. Click the Checkout screen to access the new or open invoice.
2. Select the corresponding Chart Note and Provider from the dropdown menus. Populate the Item Kit, and Quantity, and then click Add Item.
3. Items and services can still be edited or deleted individually. To alter the line item, select the pencil to edit or the trash can to remove. Remember, if you alter a line item, click the checkmark to the right of that line item when finished to update changes.
4. Remove all medication items using the trash can to the right of the line item. Towards the top of the Register screen, type the medication in the Item field, followed by the desired quantity. Then click Add Item.
5. The system will redirect you automatically to the medication widget where you can log all medication items for this visit and print labels accordingly.
6. When finished, click the Checkout tab to return to the Register screen.
For additional information about creating item kits, check out Administration: Creating and Editing Item Kits