Hippo Manager allows the practice to capture and document items or services that have been declined by the presenting patient's owner. This is done through treatment sheets on the Whiteboard and automatically reflects on the patient's invoice at checkout.
Creating a Treatment Sheet within the Whiteboard
1. Find the patient on the Scheduler, and click on the appropriate patient's appointment to open appointment details. Within the Status dropdown, select "Checked In" followed by OK to save changes. Note: the status can now be changed to others such as In Room, Dropped Off, etc. but the Checked In status will add the patient to the Whiteboard initially.
2. Next, click the Whiteboard widget from the Choose Action screen or through Quicklinks, and find the appropriate patient.
3. Click the patient's name to highlight, and then click on the Treatment Sheets button in the lower right corner of the screen (should be the button furthest to the left) which will pull up the Treatment Sheets page for that patient.
4. Click the (+) in the upper right corner of the treatment sheet page to add a new treatment.
5. Within the Items field, type the chargeable item or service and select from the dropdown. Then select the Quantity. Fill out the other pieces of information that include Assigned to (Provider), Due date/time, Chart To Add To, and whether or not you'd like this Item or Service to Reoccur (Default to None). Then click OK.
Declining an Existing Treatment Sheet within the Whiteboard
1. Through the Whiteboard, click the patient's name to highlight and then click on the Treatment Sheets button in the lower right corner of the screen (should be the button furthest to the left) which will pull up the Treatment Sheets page for that patient.
2. Within that Treatment Sheet, click the Item or Service that the owner has declined once to highlight in green, followed by the decline symbol in the lower right corner of the screen.
3. Under Reject Treatment Reasoning, select Owner Declined and then click Accept.
4. Upon returning to the main Treatment Sheet, there will be a shaded circle next to that line item indicating that it's been rejected.
Viewing the Declined Service on the Invoice Level
1. Through the Checkout tab, when all chargeable items are added, and the payment is processed, click Complete Invoice to generate a receipt.
2. On the printed version, the declined service will be listed in the section below.
For additional feature information about the Whiteboard or Treatment Sheets, check out the “Where can I find Treatment Sheets and How Do They Work” article.