Hippo's New Upgrade FAQ
Hippo Manager’s 2.0 upgrade offers a variety of new functionality to accompany an updated and improved mobile-responsive interface! An important part of getting comfortable with the new upgrade is being aware of the following changes:
Sales Register Processing Payment
Access to the Sales Register will remain in the Checkout tab, and autosave is now available!
Important Note: An important workflow change to notate is that each invoice is unique to the Patient listed in the Patient Reserve. This is to increase overall efficiencies and ultimately strengthen the patient's complete record. For a more detailed breakdown of the Checkout tab, visit Checkout: Sales Register Breakdown.
- Administered Date can now be added and altered for each line item on this screen both when added to the invoice, or edited using the pencil. For more information on this feature, check out Checkout: Assigning a Unique Administered Date to an Item or Service.
- Provider can now be added and altered for each line item on this screen both when added to the invoice or edited using the pencil. For additional information, check out Checkout: Assigning a Provider to Items or Services.
- Bulk Add Item and Bulk Add Payment are now available through the Checkout tab to better support multi-patient workflow. For more information on these features, check out Invoices: Applying an Item or Services to Multiple Patient Invoices and Invoices: Applying a Payment to a Multi Pet or Multi Invoice Checkout.
- Medication & Vaccine Invoice Items will need to be added to their respective widgets (Medication widget, and Vaccine widget). If either of these items are added to the Checkout screen, the system will redirect you automatically to the respective widget for entry. This is to improve overall efficiencies and ultimately strengthen the patient's complete medical record.
- Creating Estimates have been slightly changed when that estimate includes Medication or Vaccine related items. For non-vaccine or prescription items, the Estimate toggle functionality will remain the same. For prescription or vaccine items, convert the invoice to an estimate before adding your items.
- Converting Estimates to Invoices that do not contain vaccine or prescription items, the Estimate toggle functionality will remain the same with converting to an invoice.
- For estimates that contain prescription or vaccine items, upon conversion to an invoice using the Estimate toggle, the prescription or vaccine items will need to be removed, and re-entered so the system directs you to the appropriate widgets for data entry. Failure to re-enter those prescription or vaccine items to the invoice after it's been converted will result in those items not logging in the appropriate areas of the record for certificates and labels. For more information, check out Checkout: Creating and Converting Estimates
- Processing a Return has been simplified so that you no longer have a register mode to change. Instead, you'll simply click the Checkout tab, add your item, and add a negative quantity for the amount being returned. Then click Add Item.
- Important Note: The negative quantity piece before adding it is the most important part of returns.
- When the item is added to the invoice, this will also reflect in the Patient Reserve as a negative balance. A box will also appear under the Amount Due section of the screen where you can choose to Issue an Account Credit or Dispense Change. Click Issue Account Credit, and a slideout will appear to confirm the action. For more information, check out Checkout: Processing Returns & Issuing Refunds or Credits
Invoice Management & Transaction History
- The new invoice management page combines information that previously lived separately in the Open Invoices widget and the Transaction History widget. A few key details are outlined below, but for additional details with understanding the sales register and invoices tab breakdown check out Invoices: Invoice Management Breakdown.
- Hippo continues to offer a variety of aging reports to help you track your open invoices. In addition to that existing functionality, we’ve now made generating a current client statement more convenient!
- Through the Invoices tab, there is an option to print a Print Client Statement now in the upper right corner of the screen. You can access this through the Detailed Reporting widget as well.
- End of Day Reconciliation: We have reinstated some popular reports, and we've also created a few new reports in the Summary and Detailed widgets. For processing end-of-day specifically, we recommend using the Summary Payments, Deposit Slips, and Detailed Payments. For additional assistance with end-of-day or end-of-period reporting in Hippo 2.0, check out Reports: Processing End of Day and Reports: End of Period.
Inventory Management & Item Kits
- Items and Services: This widget has moved to the Administration tab, and in order to access this widget, a user must be assigned as a Super User within the Users widget. For additional assistance with creating and editing inventory codes, check out Administration: Creating and Editing Inventory Codes
- Item Kits: This functionality now lives within the Items and Services widget. For additional assistance with creating and using Item Kits, check out Administration: Creating, and Editing Item Kits
- Receiving Widget: Access to the Receiving widget will remain in the Management tab. Once you add your item and the desired quantity, you'll need to click the edit pencil to access and update the item details. For additional assistance, check out Management: Receiving Inventory & Updating Quantity
- All Receivings: This new feature allows you to view past receiving entries and can be filtered by clicking each of the headers to narrow the list accordingly. For additional assistance with understanding the All Receiving widget, check out Management: All Receivings
- Access Log: The access log is now a searchable history of user activity. For more information, check out Administration: User Access Log