This is part 5 of 5 in the article series.
Vaccines with multiple reminders linking back to the same inventory code can be set up to add the appropriate reminder automatically. In this article, we will be focused on applying the work from parts 1-4 using the Checkout screen to bill the client.
Using Vaccines in a Series Kits at Checkout
1. Find the desired patient using the Smart Search, so that the appropriate patient is listed in the Patient Reserve.
2. Next, click the Checkout tab along the left side of your screen to bring up the Sales Register.
3. Select a Chart Note (optional but recommended), and also the Provider for today's visit.
4. Within the Item field, type the Kit Name and select it from the dropdown. Then click Add Item.
5. A prompt will appear, and this is a key step to producing a vaccine certificate. Click Add Vaccine, and the system will direct you to the vaccination management page where you can add the vaccine details to generate a vaccine certificate.
6. On that page, select from the Provider and Administered By dropdowns as they should display on the vaccine certificate. Then click Save Item when finished.
7. You should now see the Item Kit name, along with any items that are attached to that Kit. In this sample picture below, you see the Item Kit Name, Vaccine Master Item Code, and the Vaccine Reminder Code.
8. After you've processed the owner's payment, click Complete Sale to generate the owner's receipt. You will notice on the printed view, that only the Item Kit name is displayed. This is because of the Display as Single line toggle in the Kit setup. The vaccine reminder is also displayed at the bottom of the receipt.
Step 4: Printing Vaccine Certificates
1. From the Choose Action screen, click the Vaccine widget.
2. Next to the vaccine line item, click Print.