Documentation such as historical records signed release forms, pictures, or videos can be uploaded and attached to the patient's record through several places in the system including the Labs/Tests widget, the Documents widget, and the Medical Imaging widget.
Uploading files to the Documents widget:
1. Click the Choose Action screen, and then select the Documents widget.
2. Click the (+) in the upper right corner of the widget to create a new attachment folder.
3. Name the folder, and add any additional descriptors into the optional text field below. Then click Ok when finished.
- Pro Tip: To assist with organization and locating files should you need to access them in the future, it's recommended to name the folder according to what's attached. The description box is also a great place to add where the records came from for example.
4. Once back on the main Documents screen, click Add Files to upload from your device library.
Viewing the Attached File
- Double click the attachment in the Documents section which will open a new tab.
- Alternatively, you can also click the download arrow in the lower right corner of that section to download a copy onto your device.
Depending on the file type, one of the following four methods will be used for viewing files that have been uploaded to Hippo Manager:
- Open in a new tab: .pdf
- Inline DICOM view: DICOM files (.dcm and .dicom). Learn more about our DICOM viewer here.
- Online gallery viewer: .png, .jpg, .gif, and .mp4
- Download for viewing outside of Hippo: All other supported file types.
File types supported for uploading include:
- Images: .png, .jpg, .tiff, .dicom, .dcm, .gif
- Documents: .pdf, .txt, .doc, .docx, .rtf, .odt
- Audio/Video: .mp3, .mp4, .wma, .wmv, .avi, .wav
Not a fan of printing paper out? You can also download/save it to your computer, then email it to your clients as an electronic copy. Alternatively, documents are also accessible to your clients via the PHR.
Don't forget to take a look at the Choose Action: Uploading Records to the Lab/Test Widget article as well!