In Hippo Manager, you can attach several owners to a patient's account. You can also transfer patients to new owners' accounts as needed.
1. Through the Choose Action screen, locate the Client Information widget. Alternatively, through the Patient screen, select the Client Information Quick Link or Widget depending on user settings.
2. Click the (+) in the upper right corner to create a new owner entry.
3. Enter the necessary information in the owner fields and then click Ok to save this new owner. If you cannot see the Ok button, try adjusting the zoom of your browser. This can be done by pressing the control key and the - key at the same time to zoom out.
4. Select the new owner's name once to highlight their name in green. Then select the star button in the lower right corner of the widget to update the primary owner listed on the account. That new owner should now be listed in the Patient Reserve under the patient's name.
5. The patient records will live with the patient regardless of the owner attached, however, the transaction history lives with the owner who paid that invoice. If you'd like to have invoices transferred to the new owner's account, you'll need to reach out to our support team by chat, email, or phone and they have those invoices transferred. To fulfill this request, our support team will need to know the following information:
- Previous Owner's Name
- Invoice number(s) if not all invoices
- New Owner's Name
You can also attach a referring veterinarian to a patient's account, and for more information check out Choose Action: Recording rDVM in the Patient Reserve