This is part 4 of 5 in the article series.
The scheduler is very customizable to suit a practice's unique workflow. In this article, we will be focused on creating column-specific appointment templates.
Customizing Appointment Type Colors
1. Select the Management tab and then select the Scheduler Events widget.
2. To replace any existing options, or remove an option select the line to highlight in green, and then either alter the details below or select the trash can in the lower right corner of this list to remove it. Refresh the screen after alteration or removal to see updates. To add a new appointment template, select the (+) in the upper right corner of the screen, and then add the following:
- Event: This will display on the appointment details, and also identify the appointment type by column. Example: Annual Vaccines
- Description: (Optional field) This will display automatically within the description field on the appointment itself. Example: Symptoms:
- Time Duration: Average time frame for this appointment template which will automatically set this duration when an appointment is made. Example: If an Illness template is set for 60 minutes, and an Annual template is set for 30 minutes, when the illness template is used on the scheduler, it will automatically set the appointment to a 1 hr timeslot, and when an annual visit is scheduled, it will automatically set the appointment to a 30-minute timeslot.
- Resources: Scheduler columns where this template is available.
- Event Type: Appointment Type color to identify this scheduler template.
- Default Chart Type: The chart note that you'd like the appointment to automatically open when the appointment status is changed to Checked In.
- Items: If you are using the Whiteboard treatment sheets, this will automatically add charges to the treatment sheets for decline or completion. If you do not use the Whiteboard, skip this field.
- Qty: If you are using the Whiteboard treatment sheets, this will automatically add desired quantity for charges to the treatment sheets for decline or completion. If you do not use the Whiteboard, skip this field.
3. Select Apply in the lower left corner of the screen to save changes to that column.
4. Repeat step 2-3 for as many appointment templates as needed.
To assist with creating scheduler appointment columns, check out Scheduler: Customization Part 2 of 5 (Columns).
To assist with creating scheduler appointment types, check out Scheduler: Customization Part 3 of 5 (Appointment Types)