Hippo Manager allows you to issue Account Credits and Giftcards through the Management screen, and this should be used in instances where there is no monetary exchange. An excellent use case would be if the practice wanted to issue a credit to a client or employee account.
Important Note: In order for the steps below to function properly, you will first need to create an Account Credit and/or Giftcard item code within Items and Services. For assistance with creating these items, check out Administration: Creating and Using a Deposit/Account Credit Code.
Creating an Account Credit or Gift Card
1. Once you have the Account Credit and/or Giftcard item code(s) created within Items and Services, select the Management tab followed by the Gift Cards and Credits widget.
2. This will display all Account Credits and/or Giftcards that have been created or used within your system. To create a new entry, select Create New Credit in the upper right corner of the screen, and provide the following information:
Credit Number: It's recommended to leave this field blank as each Account Credit or Gift Card will be assigned a unique identification number to prevent fraud. If you choose to type your own unique identification number, it cannot be repeated in other Account Credits or Gift Cards in the future.
Item Type: Select Account Credit or Gift Card from the dropdown menu depending on the need.
- Account Credit: Account Credits can only be used for transactions relating to the owner that's assigned to the Owner Search field, and will be available under the Checkout screen's Account Credit Payment Type.
- Gift Card: Gift Cards can be used on any patient invoice system-wide and will be available under the Checkout screen's Gift Card Payment Type.
Value: Desired Account Credit or Gift Card Monetary Value
Owner Search: If you wish for the Account Credit or Gift Card to be attached to a specific owner's account, type their name and then select it from the dropdown.
Important Note: If you leave this field blank, then the Account Credit or Gift Card is available for use on any invoice for any patient and owner system-wide.
3. When finished, select Save Credit, and your entry should now be available in the main Account Credits and Gift Cards list.
Example: An Account Credit has been applied to Dylan McAvoy's account, and a $20 Gift Card can be used on any patient invoice system-wide.
An Account Credit balance will display in the upper right corner of a patient's invoice on the Checkout screen, and it will also impact the balance displayed in the Patient Reserve. (If the Balance in the reserve was originally $0, in Dylan's case, this Patient Reserve will now display as -$50 to indicate that there is $50 on the account to use at a later visit.
A Gift Card balance does not have to be assigned to a specific client, and therefore it will not change the Patient Reserve balance.
- Pro Tip: Gift Cards can also provide a solution for managing donations or good samaritan funds in your practice. For more information about using Gift Cards in this way, our training team will be happy to assist! Contact: Training Team.
For assistance with using an Account Credit or Gift Card to pay an invoice, check out Checkout: Using an Existing Account Credit or Gift Card to Pay An Invoice.