Hippo Manager allows you to issue Account Credits and Giftcards through the Checkout screen, and this should be used in instances where there is a monetary exchange. An excellent use case would be if the practice wanted to collect a procedure deposit prior to the visit.
Important Note: In order for the steps below to function properly, you will first need to create an Account Credit and/or Giftcard item code within Items and Services. For assistance with creating these items, check out Administration: Creating a Deposit/Account Credit Item Code
Adding a Deposit/Account Credit Code to an Owner's Account through an Invoice
1. Select the Checkout tab and within the Item field, type the previously created Deposit/Account Credit Code and select it from the dropdown. Then select Add Item.
2. Select the pencil/edit to the right of the line item, and add the deposit amount to the Price field. Then select the checkmark to save changes.
3. Process the owner's payment by selecting the Payment Type followed by Add Payment found in the lower right corner of your screen.
4. Confirm details in the Slideout, and then select Add Payment once more to process.
5. Select Complete Invoice to generate a receipt. The deposit will display as a negative in the Patient Reserve to indicate there is a credit now on the account.
Pro Tip: This newly added account credit and/or gift card can also be viewed through the main Gift Cards and Credits page. To view this page, select Management from the menu along the left side of the screen, and then select the Gift Cards & Credits icon.
An Account Credit or Gift Card can also be collected without creating an invoice, and for more information check out Management: Creating an Account Credit or Gift Card Without Generating an Invoice.
For assistance with using an existing Account Credit or Gift Card to pay an invoice, check out Checkout: Using an Existing Account Credit or Gift Card to Pay An Invoice