Creating A Placeholder Item Code for Online Pharmacy Prescriptions
1. Select the Administration tab, and select the Items and Services widget.
2. Select Create New Item in the upper right corner of the screen and fill out the following sections:
- Name: Type desired placeholder item name
- Example: Vetsource Pharmacy Script or Online Pharmacy Script
- UPC: Skip
- Type: Select Non-Stocking Item from the dropdown menu.
- Location: Select the location(s) you wish for this discount item to be available in.
- Account: Skip
- Category: Secondary Item Identifier (Useful for Reporting) To customize, check out Administration - Creating and Editing Item Categories
- Description Box and Allow Alt Description allow for additional notes to appear on the medication script and/ or invoice if applicable. (Skip if not applicable)
- Prescription: Select this toggle so the item is available in the medication widget
Item Pricing- Skip
Inventory Control- Skip
3. Select Save Item when finished.
For assistance with prescribing medications within Hippo Manager, check out Choose Action: Dispensing Medications.